SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Who We Are:
Berns Communications Group (BCG) is a strategic public relations firm that connects the worlds of retail and technology in ways that improve the shopping experience. We are widely known for building compelling brand narratives, securing meaningful media coverage for our clients, fostering retail partnerships and elevating women-led initiatives. We have a solid track record of executing strategic communications strategies that drive awareness, education and industry leadership for our A-list clients.
Headquartered in Midtown Manhattan, but open to a globally remote workforce, we are an award-winning, woman-founded and -led company that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We demonstrate our values through highly competitive pay, fantastic benefits and a collegial, cooperative team culture.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Account Executive to join our passionate team of strategists and storytellers. In this role, you will be the primary contact with clients and will help develop, oversee and execute communications and media strategies that directly support our clients’ goals. You will interact regularly with the media, oversee junior staff and support the senior executive team.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or a related field
- Minimum of 3–5 years’ experience in public relations (agency or in-house) or in-house communications, with an emphasis on retail, fashion, technology and/or fintech
- Strong network of media relationships
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Experience with BusinessWire, Cision and Meltwater
- Someone who loves being on the front lines of retail, technology, fashion and fintech
- A detail-oriented pitching expert with superior communications skills
- A people person who has established relationships with the media
- Passionate about using your public relations skills, including writing, researching, networking and event planning
- Comfortable working with tight deadlines
- An astute listener with a curious mind who can quickly learn about new topics and translate them into compelling stories
- Obsessed with client service
- An exceptional project manager with the ability to structure and manage multiple tasks for multiple clients at the same time
- Excited to work with a group of smart, hardworking go-getters
This role may be right for you if you are:
Benefits and Perks: