SOCIAL MEDIA / EDITORIAL DIRECTOR
Berns Communications Group (BCG) is looking for an experienced, strategically minded Social Media / Editorial Director to create and execute unique social media strategies that further our own and our clients’ business goals. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing clear editorial direction and effectively distilling brand stories and messages for social media to position BCG and its clients optimally.
Working closely with our account executives and head of content, as well as selected client teams, the Social Media / Editorial Director will create, curate and publish engaging copy and visual content to amplify announcements, successes, thought leadership, events and other business initiatives across platforms. The ideal candidate will be a strong storyteller with superior writing, graphics, research and client management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- 4+ years of experience leading social media efforts (agency and/or in-house)
- Experience developing and executing social content strategies that support defined business goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with a strong grasp of spelling, grammar, common business terms, and appropriate tone and usage for each major social platform
- Strong proficiency with major social platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook), including knowledge of best practices, trends and tools, and platform policies for each
- Graphic design and photo- and video-editing experience, including proficiency with Canva and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign)
- Knowledge of social analytics and ability to distill and clearly communicate results of specific social strategies and campaigns to internal and external teams
- Innately curious self-starter with strong analytical skills, a sense of urgency, attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Highly organized and able to prioritize workload to effectively to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in communications, marketing or a related field