VICE PRESIDENT/ SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT
Who We Are:
Berns Communications Group (BCG) is a strategic public relations firm that connects the worlds of retail and technology in ways that improve the shopping experience. We are widely known for building compelling brand narratives, securing meaningful media coverage for our clients, fostering retail partnerships and elevating women-led initiatives. We have a solid track record of executing strategic communications strategies that drive awareness, education and industry leadership for our A-list clients.
Headquartered in Midtown Manhattan, but open to a globally remote workforce, we are an award-winning, woman-founded and -led company that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We demonstrate our values through highly competitive pay, fantastic benefits and a collegial, cooperative team culture.
We are looking for an experienced Vice President/Senior Vice President to join our passionate team of strategists and storytellers. In this role, you will be the primary contact with clients and will develop, oversee and execute communications and media strategies that directly support our clients’ goals. You will interact regularly with the media, oversee junior staff and work closely with the senior executive team.
Serve as a primary contact for clients, providing strategic guidance and fostering positive, productive client-agency relationships Drive significant media relations efforts, including developing key messages and narratives, pitching stories to media, and growing and maintaining media relationships Oversee day-to-day account responsibilities Manage the development of press releases, Q&As, PR strategies, briefing documents and other communications Identify media and partnership opportunities and conduct competitive analyses Analyze data, trends and news to identify potential story angles Direct and motivate junior staff Contribute strategic guidance to the senior executive team Conceptualize and oversee in-person and virtual events.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public relations (agency or in-house) or in-house communications, with an emphasis on retail, fashion, technology and/or fintech
- Minimum of 1–2 years’ work experience, preferably in public relations, media, journalism or communications
- Strong network of media relationships
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Experience managing people
- Experience with BusinessWire, Cision and Meltwater
- Someone who loves being on the front lines of retail, technology, fashion and fintech
- A detail-oriented pitching expert with superior communications skills
- A people person who has established relationships with the media
- Passionate about using your public relations skills, including writing, researching, networking and event planning
- Comfortable working with tight deadlines
- An astute listener with a curious mind who can quickly learn about new topics and translate them into compelling stories
- Obsessed with client service
- A skilled manager of people who is capable of providing clear, constructive feedback
- An exceptional organizer with the ability to structure and manage multiple tasks for multiple clients at the same time
- Excited to work with a group of smart, hardworking go-getters
Benefits and Perks:
Comprehensive insurance coverage Loft-style midtown office; option to work remotely with somewhat flexible work schedule to fit your needs Generous paid parental/family leave for all caregivers 401(k) with match People-focused PTO as needed Inclusive social events that allow everyone to express themselves and let their hair down