SOCIAL MEDIA EDITORIAL DIRECTOR
Who We Are:
Berns Communications Group (BCG) is a strategic public relations firm that connects the worlds of retail and technology in ways that improve the shopping experience. We are widely known for building compelling brand narratives, securing meaningful media coverage for our clients, fostering retail partnerships and elevating women-led initiatives. We have a solid track record of executing strategic communications strategies that drive awareness, education and industry leadership for our A-list clients.
Headquartered in Midtown Manhattan, but open to a globally remote workforce, we are an award-winning, woman-founded and -led company that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We demonstrate our values through highly competitive pay, fantastic benefits and a collegial, cooperative team culture.
Berns Communications Group (BCG) is looking for an experienced, strategically minded Social Media / Editorial Director to create and execute unique social media strategies that further our own and our clients’ business goals. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing clear editorial direction and effectively distilling brand stories and messages for social media to position BCG and its clients optimally.
Working closely with our account executives and head of content, as well as selected client teams, the Social Media / Editorial Director will create, curate and publish engaging copy and visual content to amplify announcements, successes, thought leadership, events and other business initiatives across platforms. The ideal candidate will be a strong storyteller with superior writing, graphics, research and client management skills.
- Create unique social media strategies for BCG and its clients based on defined business objectives and content requirements; provide strategic counsel and editorial direction to internal and external teams
- Execute, measure and adapt social media strategies, ensuring that voice, tone and aesthetic are optimal and consistent for each client; manage organic and paid posting on internal and selected client social media accounts
- Create and manage cross-platform social calendars
- Attend in-person and online events and capture and edit images and video to leverage across platforms
- Leverage industry and client data insights to inform content creation
- Create simple analytics reports that capture key metrics, takeaways and optimization strategies
- Monitor social platforms for business development and other opportunities and manage communities, including responding to feedback and comments when appropriate
- Proactively research industry developments, creative trends and culturally relevant moments to identify social media opportunities for BCG and its clients
- Engage and grow social audiences for BCG and its clients to strengthen their positioning as thought leaders in their respective industries
- 4+ years of experience leading social media efforts (agency and/or in-house)
- Experience developing and executing social content strategies that support defined business goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with a strong grasp of spelling, grammar, common business terms, and appropriate tone and usage for each major social platform
- Strong proficiency with major social platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook), including knowledge of best practices, trends and tools, and platform policies for each
- Graphic design and photo- and video-editing experience, including proficiency with Canva and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign)
- Knowledge of social analytics and ability to distill and clearly communicate results of specific social strategies and campaigns to internal and external teams
- Innately curious self-starter with strong analytical skills, a sense of urgency, attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Highly organized and able to prioritize workload to effectively to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in communications, marketing or a related field